Alopecia areata which causes gradual thinning is one of the most common underlying reasons for hair loss in women. Read on to know the underlying reasons for hair loss in women, self-help tips to prevent hair loss and how homeopathy treats this condition.
Common reasons for hair loss in women
Listed below are the common medical reasons for female pattern baldness.
- Hormonal variations: This is one of the common reasons for hair loss in pregnant and menopausal women. It is often temporary. Using birth control pills can also lead to hormonal variations.
- Thyroid issues: Hypothyroidism is another common reason for hair loss in women.
- Scalp infection or skin disorder: Ringworm or scalp psoriasis can be another common reason for hair loss in women.
- Alopecia areata: This is a disorder in which the body’s immune system attacks hair follicles.
- Certain medications: There are certain medications that can cause hair loss. Medications used to treat cancer, depression, heart problems and high blood pressure might list hair loss as a side effect.
Listed below are the common reasons for female pattern baldness because of lifestyle.
- Zinc deficiency: Zinc aids in the synthesis of hair keratin and it is quite common to have a deficiency. A zinc deficiency can also lead to hypothyroidism which is another common cause of hair loss in women.
- Insufficient protein consumption: Hair is actually made out of protein, and when you are not getting enough, your hair stops growing.
- Stress: Hair loss can be the result of a physical or mental shock and it can also happen if you are continually feeling stress. If you know yourself to be chronically stressed, either because you are dealing with something that is out of your control or you are just a high-stress person.
- Too many chemicals: Harsh chemicals found in shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, and hair dye can cause your hair to dry out and break more quickly.
- Using heat tools on your hair: Using a hairdryer, curling iron, straightener, and any other heat tools is damaging to hair. This can damage both the hair shaft and roots, making the hair fall out more quickly.
Self-help tips to prevent hair loss in women
Listed below are some of the preventive measures you can take.
- Take in more protein: The best way to get protein is through your diet, by eating meat, fish, poultry, beans, nuts, and leafy greens.
- Decompress to relieve stress: Incorporate yoga, meditation or nature walks into your routine. Get regular exercise to help you decompress. You can try jogging, biking, or just taking long walks to help your brain feel less weighed down. Aim to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night.
- Handle your hair gently: Never dry your hair vigorously with the dry towel; just dry it gently with a soft towel. Avoid brushing your hair when it is wet. Use a wide-tooth comb. In order to get tangles out, hold the hair halfway up the shaft and work from the bottom up. So, you are not pulling on your scalp.
How homeopathy corrects female hair loss?
The best way to prevent further hair loss and foster regrowth is to receive homeopathy treatment. The selection of treatment is based on the extent of hair loss, the grade of baldness as well as the condition of the hair and scalp. With homeopathy, tailor-made solutions are made. Homeopaths will conduct a video microscopy test. And then tailor a treatment plan best suited to meet your expectations and needs.
It is strongly recommended to visit your nearby homeopathy clinic as soon as you suspect you might have female pattern baldness. Book an appointment with your homeopath right away!