How to use your microwave oven wisely?
Kitchens are an important part of all houses. Good food means happy hearts and bodies. From ancient times the kitchen was dominated to perform well on the tables. Currently, our kitchens are well equipped with gadgets and electronic appliances. One such appliance is the microwave oven. We cannot deny the fact that they have made our lives easier.But we really haven’t delved into the sphere of cooking in a microwave oven.
Can we cook in a microwave oven?
Of course, you can cook in a microwave oven. You should get the best microwave oven model available when you set up your kitchen. These microwaves have different modes to accommodate cooking. Some even have a grill fiction in them which allows you to grill your favourite foods. The microwave is totally safe for cooking. Just make sure you are using either glass or ceramic microwaveable cooking utensils. The microwave retains a lot of nutrients and gives you a healthy food without much oil.
Healthy bacon and Mushroom Risotto:
The great thing about this risotto is that it will take 10-12 minutes to cook in your microwave.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Finely chopped 1/2 onion
- Finely chopped 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of Arborio Rice
- 2 cups of Broth
- 1/2 cup of White Wine
- Cook Bacon strips and crumbles it
- Add the butter in your microwave safe bowl and then add the onions to it.
- Microwave them for 1 minute and 30 seconds on the high mode. You can take it out every 30 seconds and stir it to let the butter melt evenly.
- Now, add the chopped garlic to it along with the rice. Mix them well and then add the broth. It is best to get a bowl that has a cover on it.
- Microwave it on 50% power for 2 minutes.
- Then take out and stir it well and again put it in the microwave oven for further 3 minutes. Add a little more broth if you feel the rice is dry.
- Take it out from the oven and add the wine.
- Put it in the microwave oven at 50% for another 2 minutes.
- Now, take it out and add the bacon bits and mushroom pieces.
- Microwave them in 50% power for a minute and then add the parmesan on top of the rice. Stir it well.
- Your Risotto is ready to eat.
This is one of the simplest, easiest and healthy recipes that you can make in the microwave. Try other healthy microwave oven recipes because you are going to fall in love with them. Use it safely and always wear your mitten while handling the utensils.