Health

What You Should Know About Facelift

If you are looking for a way to look much younger and feel more comfortable in your skin, then maybe you should check out Chelsea Cosmetics Melbourne. This procedure has helped many with their wrinkle and saggy skin problems on the face.

What is a facelift?

There are still a lot of people who do not know what a facelift is, and if you are one of them, this article will explain everything important. A facelift is a surgery that is usually done as an outpatient procedure but it sometimes does involve the use of local or general anesthesia and sedatives.

A good face lift can make you look much younger

This procedure usually takes from 2h to 5h, and this depends on the area and your skin in general. After the procedure is done, you will be able to go home, as there is no need for you to stay overnight at the hospital.

The traditional facelift includes an incision in the front of the ear that will extend up to your hairline and behind your ear. After that, the surgeon will lift the skin that was cut, off the deeper fat and facial muscles, as they gently pull your skin in a posterior and upward direction, and this will then remove all the excess skin.

After the wanted results are seen, they will make a small cut or an incision (sometimes), under your chin to make sure that the skin is tightened and that the deeper tissue of the neck is not loose. This is more known as a neck lift.

After this, the incision will be closed with staples or sutures, depending on the method. Sometimes a drain will be placed under your skin for one or two days, behind your ear, and this will help remove any excess fluids or blood you might have. As you might have guessed, you will also have to wear bandages.

What to expect?

Before you go under the knife, there is a lot to be considered, and you need to know what to expect as well. It is important that you schedule a consultation with your doctor, and if you need any suggestions, you should check out the facelift Melbourne by Chelsea Cosmetics Melbourne where you can also learn more about the procedure. However, the doctor will most likely look at:

  • Blood pressure
  • Blood clotting
  • Cigarette smoking
  • Allergies
  • Skin condition
  • Scarring
  • Medications
  • Drug use

Talk to your doctor to find out everything there is to know about this procedure

You have to discuss with your doctor about the surgery and all the risks that it involves, together with the anesthesia that will be used, the recovery and other complications. This is why it is important that you see your doctor before the procedure.

Is it worth it?

Many people ask if the facelift is actually worth it all, and there are some people who might say it was not and a lot who said it was. The procedure will remove and tighten your sagging skin, as it also reduces the droopiness of your checks or jawline. It will lift the corners of your mouth, and reduce the creases that are made between the cheeks and the lips, making you look much younger,

Final word

You should always keep in mind that procedures like a facelift will not last forever. A research would suggest that about 5 years after a surgery, about 21% of the facelifts will relapse, but the other 79% of people will still look much younger than they did after that operation. Consult your doctor, and listen to their advice, as you might not even need this procedure.

Previous post

What is Nizagara?

Next post

For the morning after pill, make sure you will talk to doctor

Shantell Cowgill

Shantell Cowgill