Health

All About Pure and Safe Drinking Water you Should Know

The drinking water also popularly known as potable water is the water which can be pure and safe enough to use for the purpose of drinking or to cook food. The exact quantity of water a person should drink depends on the physical activities of the person and health-related issues, environmental situations and age factor. Each person in the US drinks on an average of one litre of water and more than 95% of people in the US take less than three litres of drinking water. People working on a hot climate need to drink around 16 litres of drinking water. Take your drinking water from JustPure water system filters to ensure its purity and safety.

Water may be unfit and unacceptable because of the level of suspended solids and toxins. However, tap water meets the water quality standard in most developed countries. As a matter of fact, very little quantity water is actually used for drinking and cooking food whereas the maximum quantity of water is used for cleaning, washing, in the toilets and in external usages such as agriculture and irrigation.

As per an authentic source, 89% of total people in the world have access to suitable drinking water by the year 2015. Similarly, around 4.2 billion people around the world had access to tap water whereas 2.4 billion people worldwide collect water from public taps or wells. As the World Health Organization – WHO, water is considered as basic human rights. In 2010, the UN General Secretary Ban Ki-Moon claimed that more people die because of unsafe drinking water than war, and the death rate due to unsafe water was 30000 deaths per week. He further said that about one to two billion people in the world seriously lack safe drinking water.

60% of body weight among men and 55% of body weight among women is caused by water. 70% of the human physical body is composed of water and in the case of elderly people, the water comprises 45% of their body. Most waters around the world contain potassium and chloride in smaller quantities. Experts claim that these elements namely the potassium and chloride in the water are responsible for metabolism. Similarly, a high level of fluoride can result in dental problems and other health issues.

As far as planet earth is concerned, 70% of earth’s surface is covered by water out of which 97.2% is saline water and the rest 2.8% is fresh or sweet water.

Previous post

Everything you need to know about MRI Scan

Next post

Anxiety and Addiction: How to Cope When You’re Quitting

Laurie Pena

Laurie Pena