Different Kinds of Online Doctors
Doctors Nowadays. Technologies are advancing rapidly every single day. Everyone is on the Internet, surfing, broadcasting, podcasting, YouTubing and even earning money online. Hence, doctors nowadays must catch up with this kind of technological impact that has changed most of their patients’ lifestyles, especially for those younger and more online doctor consult.
Different Kinds of Doctors Consultations. Hence, in order to keep themselves updated and on par with such technological change, the doctors have started to adopt different kinds of consultations that they can offer to their patients. Most of these doctors prefer to stay in tradition by offering their practices in a registered and tangible venue for their patients to visit and have a face-to-face consultation. Some may prefer a larger prospect by working in the hospitals. For those private practitioners who have their own clinics, some of them may open to having their consultations via online and prescribed medications are to be delivered to their patients’ residential addresses directly.
Benefits of Online Doctors.There are several benefits to have an online doctor ready any time of the day, regardless of where their patients are:
- Patients can reach out to any available doctors any time of the day, any locations of where they may be.
- Medications can be prescribed and easily delivered to the patients’ residential addresses.
- Patients can get professional help without wasting traveling time.
- Doctors can be easily accessible within a website click.
- Patients with disabilities can also reach to their doctors easily.
- Patients can avoid paying a huge amount of money, especially for night charges and peak season charges.
- Patients will not have to spend time waiting in physical queues within a hospital or clinic premises.
Disadvantages of Online Doctors. However, there is always two sides of a coin. Hence, besides the above benefits of having online doctors, there are also several disadvantages to having online doctors:
- Patients will have to elaborate on their symptoms as clearly as possible, so that doctors can have the most accurate diagnosis, in order to prescribe the correct medications and dosages.
- For life-threatening medical conditions, online doctors are not able to help. Hence, patients are highly recommended to call an ambulance for such situations.
- Not all countries have this open concept of having online doctors’ consultations, as most of the time patients will prefer their doctors to understand better on their illnesses and vital stats.
Having an online doctor attending to patients may not be a bad choice, especially when patients are only having minor symptoms like common influenza, cough, fevers or digestive issues. Online doctors are still licensed like any other doctors in clinics or hospitals; just that these online doctors have their operating mode differently, as compared to other doctors. Non-patients can just enquire for professional help to better understand how to care for people around them, without having to pay additional clinical consultation fees. Prescriptions and prescribed medications can also be easily delivered to the respective patients’ residential addresses via parcel deliveries. Online doctors are simply convenient for patients with medical conditions which are not life-threatening.