Forgive others for your good
Forgiveness is a virtue that helps in becoming a better person and believes me it has a lot of benefits. When you forgive someone for the mistakes he or she has done in the past that have given you pain, you just not help in making the other person feel comfortable but you also remove the baggage of anger, pain, and bad memories from your heart. Though it is very hard to forgive others and it requires a lot of courage to let go the anger you have in your heart as ultimately you are the one who has suffered in the past and now when you have coped up with the situation then again you are asked to do a favor to a person who has done wrong with you. Thus before moving towards the suggestions about how to prepare yourself for forgiving others, I would like to share the benefits of forgiveness in the life of the Forgiver-
The benefits of forgiveness
- When you forgive a person who erases the conflict and issues you have carried in your heart. Without these hard feelings, you will become a better and happier version of yourself. So you must know how to forgive someone
- It is impossible to clean the room with having a trash can full of garbage; likewise, it is impossible to store new happy memories with having trash of bad memories from the past.
- Anger and stress you have in your heart will gradually become a good host for the diseases like high blood pressure and others. Forgiving the person will only help you in removing anger and stress from your heart.
How to forgive
Here are some steps and methods that can help you as a person in forgiving others. These steps will lead you in direction of becoming a better person and a man of virtues.
- When you think about the event that has given you sufferings and bad memories try to analyze it with a different point of you. Step into the shoes of a person who has hurt you and maybe you will be able to clear some misunderstandings.
- Try to become rational and visualize the situation by removing your feelings and emotions from it. You will be able to see both sides of the coin with better sight.
- Try to think about the mistakes you have done in the past. Your own mistakes will make you understand that when sometimes the person is not wrong but the situation is. A right person can do wrong things in a particular situation.
- When you have prepared yourself mentally for the situation and are ready to forgive another person for his mistakes than tell him by writing a letter or by saying it personally.
Finally, if you are not able to forgive the other person then try to evolve yourself and rise above the situation. also, it is up to you that you that you want to tell the person about forgiveness or not.