You Must Be ‘Baking’ Mad to Try These Fun Recipes!
Baked recipes can be fun if you have the right recipes. Of course, that does not mean baking is the only way to have fun in the kitchen. Here is one baked and one simple recipe that you can have a blast making in the kitchen:
1.Self-Saucing Butterscotch Pudding
What you need
- Butter (100 gms, melted)
- Baking powder (1 tspn)
- Milk(250 ml)
- Eggs (3, large)
- Brown sugar (300 gms)
- Golden syrup (2 tbspn)
- Caramel (4 tbspn)
- Put water on to boil and preheat the oven to about 350°F.
- Butter a rectangular baking dish that is at least 4 cm deep.
- In a bowl mix 140gms of sugar and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl mix milk, eggs and butter and whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mix and mix well.
- Transfer the batter to the baking dish and level the surface.
- Mix the rest of the sugar with the caramel and syrup. Add 300ml of the boiling water in the mixture till the sugar and caramel dissolve completely.
- Pour the liquid on the batter in the baking dish and bake for an hour to allow it to set and you can see the sauce bubbling around the edges.
- Serve immediately with ice cream or the sauce will soak into the sponge.
2.Chocolate Rice Krispie Cakes
(While this is not a baked recipes, it can pass for one since it tastes just like the real thing!)
What you need
- Milk chocolate (100 gms, broken in pieces)
- Dark chocolate (50 gms)
- Butter (100 gms)
- Rice Krispies (100 gms)
- Golden syrup (4 tbspns)
- Milk chocolate (melted)
- Small marshmallows, sprinkles and dried fruit of your choice
- Place the chocolate in a thick, heatproof bowl along with the syrup and butter and melt it in the microwave in 10 second intervals. You can also use a pan over simmering water to do this. Just make sure that the bowl does not come in contact with the water.
- Stir the melted chocolate till it is smooth and take it off the heat.
- Mix in the Rice Krispies till they are well incorporated in the chocolate.
- Separate the mixture into 9 cupcake cases or a muffin tin. Leave to set for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Take out the cupcakes and drizzle the melted chocolate on top. Decorate with the dried fruits and nuts while the cakes are wet.
- Keep the cakes in an airtight container and take them out when you need to serve them.
Try these recipes and bring fun into the kitchen.